Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
A little sweet and a little tart. These call for frozen cranberries and orange marmalade. For Texas sized muffins, it makes 6.
Top Review by Dorel
These were very tasty. Just a subtle hint of the marmalade in each bite. I used 1/2 cup brown sugar and no white. I used 1/3 cup canola oil instead of butter. I didn't chop the cranberries. They were thawed out too. I made 6 Texas sized muffins.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped frozen cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 12 standard sized muffin cups, or line with papers.
- Mix together flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Mix together buttermilk, marmalade and melted butter, and add egg.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add buttermilk mixture and mix gently just to moisten all ingredients. Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Fill 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or till tops are golden. Cool and serve, or serve warm.