Recipe by Fresca
I took this recipe from the food section of our local newspaper years ago. It's a lovely moist muffin. Lots of flavor.
Top Review by Lidya
I followed the recipe exactly. Turned out a very pretty muffin with just the right texture. However, since the recipe does call for cranberries, the recipe did not call for enough sugar to level the tartness of the fresh cranberries. I would suggest adding more sugar or soaking the cranberries in a sugar syrup before adding to the mix. I ended up topping the muffins with a sugar glaze to make them a little sweeter.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml sugar (for topping)
- 14.79 ml salt
- 236.59 ml walnuts (tasted and chopped)
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 354.88 ml oranges (diced-about 2 medium)
- 236.59 ml frozen cranberries (thawed)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking power, salt and walnuts.
- Mix well.
- Whisk together oil and eggs until well blended.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- Pour oil mixture along with oranges and cranberries.
- Fold dry ingredinets into wet ingredients.
- Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin pans and sprinkle with remaining 2 TBSP sugar.
- Bake 350F for 25-30 minutes.
- Note: Toast walmuts for 8-10 minutes at 350F until golden).