Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I took this recipe from the food section of our local newspaper years ago. It's a lovely moist muffin. Lots of flavor.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking power, salt and walnuts.
- Mix well.
- Whisk together oil and eggs until well blended.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- Pour oil mixture along with oranges and cranberries.
- Fold dry ingredinets into wet ingredients.
- Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin pans and sprinkle with remaining 2 TBSP sugar.
- Bake 350F for 25-30 minutes.
- Note: Toast walmuts for 8-10 minutes at 350F until golden).
I followed the recipe exactly. Turned out a very pretty muffin with just the right texture. However, since the recipe does call for cranberries, the recipe did not call for enough sugar to level the tartness of the fresh cranberries. I would suggest adding more sugar or soaking the cranberries in a sugar syrup before adding to the mix. I ended up topping the muffins with a sugar glaze to make them a little sweeter.
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ Started reviewing this one & all the sudden everything disappeared! Anyway, these muffins have a really great taste, & except for including a bit of orange zest, the recipe was followed exactly! A very nice addition to breakfast or for snacking!!