Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Low in calories and low in cholestrol.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 egg whites or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cranberries or 3⁄4 cup frozen cranberries, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups, with non-stick cooking spray, or line with paper baking cups.
- Beat milk, oil, orange peel and egg whites in a large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except cranberries, just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold in cranberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be full).
- Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan.
Lovely, big, delicious muffins! I used fresh cranberries which I chopped up a bit. I sprinkled sugar on top. They were a big hit at breakfast this morning with scrambled eggs and fruit cups. I will use this recipe a lot! Thanks again Miss Annie! I love your recipes!!
I used the entire egg instead of just egg whites... I found this recipe to be fairly dry... and not sweet enough! The doughy part was not very flavorful...
These are big muffins! Not to big, but a great size for 3 WW points. My only problem was something with the flavor...I'm not sure what, may try adding orange extract in it, or maybe it had to much wheat flour for me. Texture is pretty good too!