Recipe by Miss Annie
Low in calories and low in cholestrol.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Lovely, big, delicious muffins! I used fresh cranberries which I chopped up a bit. I sprinkled sugar on top. They were a big hit at breakfast this morning with scrambled eggs and fruit cups. I will use this recipe a lot! Thanks again Miss Annie! I love your recipes!!
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 egg whites or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cranberries or 3⁄4 cup frozen cranberries, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups, with non-stick cooking spray, or line with paper baking cups.
- Beat milk, oil, orange peel and egg whites in a large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except cranberries, just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold in cranberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be full).
- Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan.