Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These can be iced with a cream cheese frosting.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 78.07 ml canola oil
- 532.32 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml cranberries, chopped
- 14.79 ml orange zest, finely grated
- In a mixing bowl, beat together sugar and egg.
- Add milk, sour cream and oil.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to wet ingredients just until blended then fold in cranberries and orange zest.
- Pour batter into greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Remove muffins from cups to a wire rack.
- Let cool before frosting.
Very good! Loved the burst of flavor from orange zest and fresh cranberries. Great as is, no icing needed. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I often reduce the quantity of sugar and in this recipe I used only 1/2 cup of sugar. Which was perfect for us. I used frozen cranberries that I halved. The batter was thick, I was worried and wanted to add milk. But I didn't. And they have the perfect texture. They're moist. And so yummy. Thanks Charlotte. Made for 123 hit wonders.
Great muffins! They reminded me of the Cranberry-Orange Muffins I used to buy from Mmmmmmm...arvelous Muffins at Carlingood Shopping Centre in Ottawa. My cranberries were also frozen. The zest is critical for the fresh taste in these.