Recipe by momthecook #2
These are great to use up leftover cranberry sauce, but I also buy canned to make them.
Top Review by cfigler
I loved these very easy to make muffins and will definately make them often! I doubled the recipie so I could use the whole can of whole cranberry sauce,I used diluted sour cream in place of buttermilk because that is what I had on hand.I baked them for 20 min.@ 375 and that was a perfect temp. for my oven.I got 24 muffins and I used an oiled icecream scoop which makes them a uniform size.Thanks so much for posting ...they are yummy!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir oil and sugar together until well mixed.
- Beat in the egg and orange zest.
- Stir in the cranberry sauce (canned or homemade) and milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet, mixing just enough to moisten.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups half full and bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.
- (Note: If you have no buttermilk, substitute by putting 1 1/2 teaspoons of vinegar in a measuring cup and filling to the 3/4 cup mark with regular milk).