Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are great to use up leftover cranberry sauce, but I also buy canned to make them.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- Stir oil and sugar together until well mixed.
- Beat in the egg and orange zest.
- Stir in the cranberry sauce (canned or homemade) and milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet, mixing just enough to moisten.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups half full and bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.
- (Note: If you have no buttermilk, substitute by putting 1 1/2 teaspoons of vinegar in a measuring cup and filling to the 3/4 cup mark with regular milk).
I loved these very easy to make muffins and will definately make them often! I doubled the recipie so I could use the whole can of whole cranberry sauce,I used diluted sour cream in place of buttermilk because that is what I had on hand.I baked them for 20 min.@ 375 and that was a perfect temp. for my oven.I got 24 muffins and I used an oiled icecream scoop which makes them a uniform size.Thanks so much for posting ...they are yummy!
Not sweet enough for my taste. I doubled the sugar because it didn't sound like enough and it still wasn't sweet. If you like muffins that aren't sweet you'll probably love them. Also 400 degrees was way too hot. bottoms were going to burn so I lowered the temp. to 350.
delicious very easy to make. used a whole can of sauce by mistake but maybe the fact i used powdered buttermilk and slightly less water saved my mistake.i also used half a cup of wholemeal to replace the white flour. these tasted fantastic straight out of the oven unlike some muffins. a worth while was to that extra cranberry sauce!1 thankyou for such a great simple recipe. made 18 muffins with this so good value for money!