Recipe by ColCadsMom
This is a Rachael Ray recipe that I have adjusted slightly to taste. I saw this on 30 minute meals and HAD to try it. I love the slight sweetness in this skillet stuffing that you don't get from a box or using bread. If you use the jumbo muffins like the ones from the bakery, 2 will be enough. If you use muffins made in a standard size muffin pan, you will need 4. I've also made this with corn muffins, and it is equally as good!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 4 cranberry orange muffins
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 teaspoon basil or 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth (more or less to desired texture)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil and butter in a medium skillet over moderate heat.
- Add the celery and onion, and saute until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the muffins into the pan and combine with the vegetables.
- Add herb of choice and chicken broth.
- Cook stuffing 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.