Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the MN Mother's Club Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (chopped)
- Mix sugars, butter and oil well.
- Add egg, orange rind and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Add craisins.
- Drop on cookie sheet and bake at 350é for 10-15 minutes.
- Watch so they don't get dark.
What a tasty recipe! Definitely a step above your regular everyday cookie. I substituted melted butter for the oil and I only cooked it just until there was a golden edge... I am waiting for them to cool down and then I'll put a drizzle (icing sugar with a couple drops of water) I recommend this recipe!