Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious and easy cranberry and orange jam - perfect for the holidays! (cooking time includes canning/processing time as well) Yields 4 Qty. 12 oz. jars
- 2 (12 ounce) bags fresh cranberries or 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen cranberries, rinsed and sorted
- 1 -2 teaspoon orange zest (chopped fine)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (from 2 oranges)
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a large stainless or enamel pot. Slowly bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 20-30 minutes.
- Mash with a potato masher to break up fruit, leaving some chunks, but not whole berries.
- Ladle into clean hot jars and seal. Process for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.