Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
There are many versions of this basic recipe. This little riff adds a little extra color and crunch to an already delightful side dish that is rich in both flavor and fiber. Add different fruits, and it becomes yet another kind of salad, beautiful in its ruby-redness, especially on a bed of greens. Note: the toasted pecans are nice added the day before serving, but as time goes on, they become less crunchy - but still add a great flavor. This relish can be held in the refrig for a week or so, and can be frozen as well.
- 1. Toast pecans and chop into medium pieces (not fine).
- 2. While pecans are toasting, wash and drain cranberries.
- 3. Wash, seed and chunk one whole medium orange.
- 4. Clean and chop celery.
- 5. Place all ingredients except pecans into food processor. Add sugar.
- 6. Chop ingredients, but not to the point where they are unrecognizable.
- 7. Fold in pecans.
- 8. Chill overnight.
- 9. Garnish with celery leaves or parsley.