Cranberry Orange & Ginger Chutney
- Melt the butter in a clean thick bottom pan over medium heat.
- Add the orange juice followed by the washed cranberries, ginger, grated orange zest, stick of cinnamon, sugar& pinch of salt.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring from time to time, taking great care that ingredients do not stick and burn to the bottom of the pot.
- Simmer gently for approximately 10- 12 minutes to ensure that the cranberries have all burst, the liquids have become thickened and the chutney consistency has been achieved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- This is best made 2 or 3 days ahead of time to allow all the flavours to mellow and round out.