Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
"This chutney is excellent with roast turkey, pan-fried or grilled poultry." Posted on CityLine (City TV) website, created/submitted by Michael Bonacini.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt the butter in a clean thick bottom pan over medium heat.
- Add the orange juice followed by the washed cranberries, ginger, grated orange zest, stick of cinnamon, sugar& pinch of salt.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring from time to time, taking great care that ingredients do not stick and burn to the bottom of the pot.
- Simmer gently for approximately 10- 12 minutes to ensure that the cranberries have all burst, the liquids have become thickened and the chutney consistency has been achieved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- This is best made 2 or 3 days ahead of time to allow all the flavours to mellow and round out.
Yummy. Good on sandwiches of all kinds for the next week and a half too!