Recipe by Angie Motto
Very delicious, great for parties (non Alcoholic), Birthdays, Baby Showers.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
I copied this recipe from my mother and it is exactly the one you posted. My mom would frequently make this dessert for family gatherings. I love it and so does the rest of my family.
- 354.88 ml boiling water
- 1 package cranberry Jell-O gelatin (8 serving size)
- 453.59 g can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 354.88 ml cold water
- 439.41 g candole mandarin oranges, drained
- 354.88 ml honey maid graham cracker crumbs
- 118.29 ml sugar, divided
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 226.79 g package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml milk
- 2 (453.59 g) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed,divided
Directions See How It's Made
- STIR boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cranberry sauce until melted.
- Stir in cold water.
- Refrigerate about 1 1/4 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten eggs whites).
- Gently stir in mandarin oranges.
- MEANWHILE stir crumbs, 1/4 cup of the sugar and butter in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Firmly press firmly onto bottom.
- Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- BEAT cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and milk in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth.
- Gently stir in 1 tub of the whipped topping.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- Spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer.
- REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving spread or dollop with remaining tub whipped topping.
- Helpful Hints: Soften cream cheese in microwave on High 15 to 20 seconds.