Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've been giving these as Christmas gifts to my husband's co-workers. They love them and request it. I usually include a note to let them know to refrigerate them because of the cream cheese- I don't know if that is necessary, but I'd rather be safe than sorry!
- 2 (17 1/2 ounce) boxes fat-free orange cranberry muffin mix
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces cream cheese (I use reduced fat)
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Prepare muffin mix according to package stirring in water and included cranberries.
- Fill mini-loaf pans with batter 1/2 full- I can get 5 loaves. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, mix together cream cheese and sugar on low speed until smooth.
- Add egg white and continue to mix on low speed until blended.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture randomly onto loaf pans. Swirl with a knife for marbled effect.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 400°F or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.