This is posted per request. The recipe is from the "Gifts for the Cookie Jar" cookbook. I have not yet made these. Times are guesstimates for assembling the jar mix. Note: dried orange peel is generally available in the spice section of a grocery store.
- *JarMix Instructions*.
- In 1-qt jar, place brown sugar and pack down.
- Next, pour in sugar and smooth top.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and orange peel, mixing well.
- Pour in half of flour mixture and press down.
- Pour in remaining flour mixture and smooth top.
- Pour in cranberries and press down to level.
- Place lid on jar.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Empty jar contents into large bowl.
- Add butter and eggs.
- Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10- 12 minutes until lightly browned edges.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- Transfer cookies to cooling rack.
I made these yesterday for my sons rowing crew. Needless to say, they are all gone now!! The boys loved them. I added 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the recipe and cut the sugar down just a little. Thanks for sharing!
SUPER! I loved making this - made it in the jar first and then followed the cooking instructions! The flavour was lovely, a wee bit too sweet for me, so I think I will leave out a bit of the sugar next time, as the cranberries were quite sweet too. I loved the addition of the dried orange peel - I used my own sun-dried orange peel for this. A lovely gift idea and a very nice biscuit (Cookie) too! Thanks Ducky! Made for PAC Autumn 2007. FT:-)