Recipe by horseplay
Courtesy of Oprah.com, with modifications. Who has access to "evaporated raw cane sugar," anyway? I'm not too too sure on how many cookies it makes, but it's a lot.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and applesauce.
- Beat with an electric mixture until creamy.
- Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix together until smooth.
- Add the flour and baking soda.
- Mix inches.
- Add the oats, cranberries, chocolate chips, and orange zest and mix everything together.
- Drop dough by the teaspoon onto the baking sheets and bake 7- 10 minutes until golden brown.