Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
These cookies, redolent with the flavors of the season, are crisp and light. I got this recipe from cookingbytheseatofmypants.com but have not made the cookies yet. I put the recipe here so I won't lose it.
Top Review by Chef Petunia
These are really great cookies but they definitely need more orange flavor so either add extra zest or use orange extract in place of vanilla. A real hit with everyone that tries them!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature (1-1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- orange zest, grated (zest of 1 orange)
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silpat.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light in color. Beat in egg and orange zest. Add flour mixture a little at a time with mixer on low speed, stirring until just combine. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 9-12 minutes in preheated oven or until the edges of the cookies are just slightly golden. Cool for 3-4 minutes on pan, then transfer to a baking rack and cool completely.
- Note: Dark chocolate chips may be used in this recipe. Adding coconut is an option as is adding nuts.