Recipe by ugogirl
This is so different from any other Chex mix I've tried and so simple to prepare. A co-worker shared this recipe with us after bringing it to a get-together. We all agreed that it made a great holiday munchie. The dried cranberries gives it a festive touch while the orange juice provides a refreshing citrus flavor. Be sure to use concentrate....not juice!
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix cereals and almonds in a large bowl; set aside.
- Microwave butter, brown sugar and orange juice*concentrate* in a 1 cup microwaveable measuring cup, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds; stir.
- Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture; stirring until well coated.
- Pour into a large roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes; stirring after 15 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries; cool.
- Store in an air-tight container or zip-lock bag.