Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Cranberries are a yummy and healthy add-in to all sorts of recipes. They're available all year-round fresh, frozen or dried. Everyone loves cheesecake and this one is high on our list of delicious. Got this out of BH&G.
- 2⁄3 cup crushed chocolate wafer cookie (12 to 13 cookies)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup snipped dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie cranberry juice cocktail or 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F For crust, in bowl combine crushed cookies and 1 teaspoon of the orange peel. Stir in butter. Press crust in bottom of 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- In mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, and flour with electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes. Mix in eggs and remaining 1/2 teaspoons orange peel until combined. Fold in dried cranberries and juice. Pour into crust-lined pan. Sprinkle with fresh cranberries.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a 2 1/2-inch area around edges appears set when gently shaken. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen edges from sides of pan. Cool for 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
Made this three times over the holidays. Used chocolate grahm cracker crumbs for the crust and and worked out great - not too sweet. I found I like it better with double the orange rind in the dough. I used orange flavored dried cranberries.
Great Cheesecake! I have made it twice. As with most cheesecakes, do not overcook.