Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from Beter Homes and Gardens, November 2010.
- 2839.08 ml popcorn, popped
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries
- 118.29 ml whole almond
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 59.14 ml corn syrup (light color)
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. In a very large bowl combine the popped popcorn, cranberries and almonds; set aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan cook and stir the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Stir in orange juice. Bring to boiling over medium heat.
- Boil at a moderate, steady rate for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam up).
- Pour the syrup mixture over the popcorn mixture in bowl; stir to coat well.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1 inch baking pan or shallow raosting pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring twice.
- Transfer caramel corn to a large sheet of greased heavy foil; cool.