Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from Beter Homes and Gardens, November 2010.
Make and share this Cranberry-Orange Caramel Corn recipe from Food.com.
- 12 cups popcorn, popped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup (light color)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. In a very large bowl combine the popped popcorn, cranberries and almonds; set aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan cook and stir the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Stir in orange juice. Bring to boiling over medium heat.
- Boil at a moderate, steady rate for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam up).
- Pour the syrup mixture over the popcorn mixture in bowl; stir to coat well.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1 inch baking pan or shallow raosting pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring twice.
- Transfer caramel corn to a large sheet of greased heavy foil; cool.