Recipe by Michelle S.
This is one of my Dads favorite cakes. I haven't made this in awhile as it is quite sweet and we need to watch our sugar intake. The cake is a beautiful color and looks beautiful with the whipped cream or ice cream.
- 1 package butter flavored yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce, reserve 3 t. for the glaze
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 12 c.
- Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl combine all cake ingredients at low speed until moistened, then beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat all glaze ingredients until well combined.
- While still in pan, using a long tined fork, prick cake at half inch intervals; pour half of glaze over cake.
- Let stand 10 minutes; invert cake onto serving plate.
- Prick this half of cake at half inch intervals; then spoon remaining glaze over cake.
- Cool cake and serve with either ice cream or whipped cream.