Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan with butter and dust with flour.
- To prepare the filling, combine cranberries, sugar, water, almond extract and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until cranberries begin to pop and mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Set aside 10 to 12 cranberries that are intact. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- To prepare the cake, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter for several seconds in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar; beat until smooth. Add eggs and almond extract; beat until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add flour mixture; beat until smooth. Add sour cream and orange zest; mix well.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Gently spoon about two-thirds of the filling into batter, taking care not to let filling touch side of pan. Spoon remaining batter on top.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- To prepare the glaze, place orange juice, lemon juice, zests and sugar in a small saucepan. Simmer on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat until the cake is finished baking.
- While the cake is still warm, gently brush on the glaze. When the cake is cool, spoon the remaining filling over the cake and stud with the reserved whole cranberries. Serves 10 to 12.