1/3 Photos of Cranberry Orange Bread With Orange Butter Glaze
1 hr 10 mins
Chef Schellies's Note:
I came up with this recipe myself. I hope you like it. It isn't as sweet as some quick breads because of the cranberries, but I like the tartness. Let me warn you, though. It smells really good fresh out of the oven, but PLEASE let it sit overnight in the refrigerator before trying it. When it is still warm, but flavors haven't blended and it is extremely tart. The longer it's allowed to sit, the better it gets. We had this for Thanksgiving and I received several compliments on it. Prep time is an estimate. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Generously grease and flour two 9x5 inch (1-pound) loaf pans.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- 4Make a well in the center and add eggs, 2 cups orange juice, and oil. Mix just until moistened. The batter will be lumpy. DO NOT overmix or bread will be tough.
- 5Gently stir in the whole cranberries and orange zest.
- 6Pour into loaf pans and bake for 45-50 minutes or until loaves test done.
- 7Pour 1/4 cup orange juice over each loaf while still hot.
- 8Mix confectioners sugar, melted butter, and 1 tablespoon orange juice to make a glaze and drizzle over warm loaves.
- 9Refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Orange Bread With Orange Butter Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.8
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 197.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g