1/2 Photos of Cranberry-Orange Bread Pudding
1 hr 15 mins
I entered this recipe into the 43rd Pillsbury Bake-Off but, alas, it did not make the cut. It received rave reviews from my co-workers; some of which said they normally hate bread pudding. The key is to use fresh orange zest and juice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can refrigerated orange sweet roll dough (Pillsbury)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees oven.
- 2Bake sweet rolls per package and set aside to cool.
- 3Soak dried cranberries in orange juice for 10-15 minutes.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine milks, eggs, sugar, vanilla and 1/2 of the orange zest. Mix until well-combined.
- 5Cut cooled sweet rolls into quarters and spread on the bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish.
- 6Sprinkle dried cranberries, juice and pecans over roll pieces.
- 7Pour egg mixture over bread, making sure all pieces are soaked.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- 9Mix remaining orange zest into icing from sweet roll package. Drizzle icing over warm bread pudding and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Orange Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.2
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 58.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated orange sweet roll dough