Recipe by RunninLion
I entered this recipe into the 43rd Pillsbury Bake-Off but, alas, it did not make the cut. It received rave reviews from my co-workers; some of which said they normally hate bread pudding. The key is to use fresh orange zest and juice!
- 1 (14 ounce) can refrigerated orange sweet roll dough (Pillsbury)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees oven.
- Bake sweet rolls per package and set aside to cool.
- Soak dried cranberries in orange juice for 10-15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milks, eggs, sugar, vanilla and 1/2 of the orange zest. Mix until well-combined.
- Cut cooled sweet rolls into quarters and spread on the bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish.
- Sprinkle dried cranberries, juice and pecans over roll pieces.
- Pour egg mixture over bread, making sure all pieces are soaked.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Mix remaining orange zest into icing from sweet roll package. Drizzle icing over warm bread pudding and serve.