Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in the Fall TOH Cooking for 2. It looks perfect for my DH. Since it makes 4 mini loaves, I can also freeze extras to eat later.
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml sugar (sugar substitute) or 118.29 ml Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 158.51 ml chopped cranberries
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar or Splenda, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, orange juice and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Transfer to four 4-1/2-in.x2-1/2-in.x1-1/2in. loaf pans coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Bread may be frozen for up to 3 months.
I made 2 loaves of this. One to keep and one to give. I ended up going back and making 2 more loaves for other friends once they got a taste. It worked equally well with the Splenda as with sugar and my dad, who is a diabetic RAVED on his loaf. Thanks Denise...I've added this to my file and will be making it again!