Recipe by Ashton's Ba-Nana
Delicious and moist cranberry bread,
Top Review by JPsBarbie
3/25/2011 This came out very nice. It was moist and not not overly sweet. I did make a couple modifications after mixing the batter and before adding the cranberries and nuts I divided the batter into 3 bowls. In one bowl I added the cranberries and nuts as per the recipe, in one of the bowls I only added the cranberries as my daughter can be finicky about what gets nuts and what doesn't, and in the last bowl I substituted dried cherries and no nuts since my son has issues with cranberries and nuts. (Sometimes, I just think they like to see how far they can push me.) In any case all three variations were gobbled up pretty quickly. (1)
Made for PAC Spring 2011 *4/6/2011 my stars didn't stick when originally reviewed*
- 946.36 ml flour
- 7.39 ml salt
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml butter
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 9.85 ml grated orange peel
- 354.88 ml orange juice
- 473.18 ml cranberries, chopped
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix butter, vanilla, sugar, eggs, orange peel, orange juice together in a separate bowl until blended.
- Pour over dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Fold cranberries and walnuts into batter.
- Spray 3 eight inch loaf pans with non-stick spray and divide batter into each evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.