Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious and moist cranberry bread,
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix butter, vanilla, sugar, eggs, orange peel, orange juice together in a separate bowl until blended.
- Pour over dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Fold cranberries and walnuts into batter.
- Spray 3 eight inch loaf pans with non-stick spray and divide batter into each evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
3/25/2011 This came out very nice. It was moist and not not overly sweet. I did make a couple modifications after mixing the batter and before adding the cranberries and nuts I divided the batter into 3 bowls. In one bowl I added the cranberries and nuts as per the recipe, in one of the bowls I only added the cranberries as my daughter can be finicky about what gets nuts and what doesn't, and in the last bowl I substituted dried cherries and no nuts since my son has issues with cranberries and nuts. (Sometimes, I just think they like to see how far they can push me.) In any case all three variations were gobbled up pretty quickly. (1)
Made for PAC Spring 2011 *4/6/2011 my stars didn't stick when originally reviewed*