Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice for the holidays. Fall is a great time to make nut breads, they freeze well, and make excellent hostess gifts.
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and have it ready.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another small bowl, beat eggs lightly with a whisk or fork, then stir in melted butter, orange peel, and orange juice.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mix, and stir with a spoon until the batter is just mixed, then fold in the cranberries and walnuts (batter will be stiff).
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out fairly clean (a crumb or two can stick to it but you don't want wet batter).
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and finish cooling on the wire rack.