Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my favorite quick bread recipe. There's just something about it that hits the spot. I like the texture of this bread better made with oil than butter, but try both, everyone's taste is different.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml cranberries, chopped
- 118.29 ml nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1-2 orange (2 T zest, 3/4 c juice)
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml cooking oil
- Grease and flour loaf pan. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl sift flour, sugar, baking soda and powder.
- In second bowl add 2 T grated orange zest, juice and cooking oil.
- Combine liquids with dry mixture. Add beaten egg and mix well.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts. Bake for 1 hour, cool for 24 hours.
I followed the recipe exactly, using oil as recommended. Everything worked perfectly. This is a very sophisticated quick bread w/ the orange peel and the cranberries. The kids didn't like it, but I thought it was quite good. Made for PAC Fall 2008.