Recipe by KandB
This is my favorite quick bread recipe. There's just something about it that hits the spot. I like the texture of this bread better made with oil than butter, but try both, everyone's taste is different.
Top Review by helowy
I followed the recipe exactly, using oil as recommended. Everything worked perfectly. This is a very sophisticated quick bread w/ the orange peel and the cranberries. The kids didn't like it, but I thought it was quite good. Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 -2 orange (2 T zest, 3/4 c juice)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour loaf pan. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl sift flour, sugar, baking soda and powder.
- In second bowl add 2 T grated orange zest, juice and cooking oil.
- Combine liquids with dry mixture. Add beaten egg and mix well.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts. Bake for 1 hour, cool for 24 hours.