Recipe by CookWannaBe
I made these little bread loaves to give to neighbors this Christmas and thought I would share with you. I started out with a basic cake-type bread recipe and altered it to suit my needs. This bread has a great orange taste; with dried orange-flavored craisins bursting with flavor on the inside.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these as mini loaves to see how well they'd do! Well, "they'd do" just fine, & I plan to make some for gifts during the holidays (My gifts are more like gift baskets!) ~ THESE LOAVES ARE GREAT! The nuts & orange zest weren't optional as far as I was concerned, & including them gave this bread an even greater appeal! Thanks for a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Bread theme in My-3-Chefs]
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange-flavored craisins, ocean spray brand
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice, pre-made
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together Craisins, vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla, milk, orange juice and eggs (& orange peel, if used, at this point) in a large bowl by hand.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until blended well.
- Place batter into well-greased loaf pans; dividing equally.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for approximately 45-60 depending on the size of the pans used. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Do not over-bake.
- Take out of oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Loaves may be wrapped and stored in refrigerator for up to 10-days.
- Each batch makes two regular bread-pan size loaves OR five mini-loaf pan size (14.5cm x 8.4cm x 4.7cm by handi-foil brand).