1/1 Photo of Cranberry Orange Bread
I made these little bread loaves to give to neighbors this Christmas and thought I would share with you. I started out with a basic cake-type bread recipe and altered it to suit my needs. This bread has a great orange taste; with dried orange-flavored craisins bursting with flavor on the inside.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange-flavored craisins, ocean spray brand
- 1/3 cup orange juice, pre-made
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel (optional)
- 1Mix together Craisins, vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla, milk, orange juice and eggs (& orange peel, if used, at this point) in a large bowl by hand.
- 2Stir in remaining ingredients until blended well.
- 3Place batter into well-greased loaf pans; dividing equally.
- 4Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for approximately 45-60 depending on the size of the pans used. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Do not over-bake.
- 5Take out of oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- 6Loaves may be wrapped and stored in refrigerator for up to 10-days.
- 7Each batch makes two regular bread-pan size loaves OR five mini-loaf pan size (14.5cm x 8.4cm x 4.7cm by handi-foil brand).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Orange Bread
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.3
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.4 mg
- Sodium 535.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 45.9 g
- Protein 6.7 g