1/2 Photos of Cranberry Orange Bread
This is an adaptation of my own. The addition of the molasses gives the bread a nice color and adds to the moisture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries (cut in half if fresh) or 1 1/2 cups frozen cranberries (cut in half if fresh)
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces
- additional sugar, for sprinkling top
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease loaf pan very well (cooking spray works best).
- 3Sift the first 6 dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 4In a smaller bowl combine the next 6 'wet' ingredients.
- 5Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to incorporate.
- 6Then fold in the cranberries and nuts.
- 7The dough should be fairly stiff but not dry.
- 8If it is too dry, add another tablespoon of water.
- 9Turn into loaf pan and spread evenly.
- 10Sprinkle top of loaf with sugar to coat.
- 11Bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- 12When done, turn immediately out onto cooling rack.
- 13Allow to cool about an hour before cutting.
- 14Terrific warm with butter!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Orange Bread
Serving Size: 1 (969 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2858.5
- Calories from Fat 1002
- Total Fat 111.3 g
- Saturated Fat 36.6 g
- Cholesterol 333.6 mg
- Sodium 2767.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 433.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.8 g
- Sugars 202.7 g
- Protein 47.6 g