A tasty way to get your fiber! I also plan on trying them with all orange juice in place of the milk.
- 2 cups wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (I use combo of white & wheat)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (approximately)
- 1 2⁄3 cups low-fat milk (approximately)
- 1 -2 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, squeeze orange juice from orange(s) and combine with enough low-fat milk to make 2 cups total. Add zest from orange(s). Mix in applesauce, vanilla and eggs. Add wet ingredient mixture to dry ingredients and mix well by hand. Stir in cranberries.
- Divide between muffin tins, and bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes.