Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Moist, delicious and healthy too!
Make and share this Cranberry Orange Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 1⁄4 cups 100% all-bran cereal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a bowl, combine yogurt and cereal; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the orange juice, honey, butter, egg and orange peel into yogurt mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Coat muffins cups with nonstick cooking spray; fill three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375 for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks.
Very moist with good flavor. These are lighter colored than most bran muffins. The texture firms up after the muffins have cooled. I used dried and fresh berries (chopped). Thanks for posting. Roxygirl
Great muffins. They do not brown on the top very much, so be careful - you may burn the bottom waiting for the top to brown nicely.