Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious simple, yet flavourful honey spread. I really enjoy it on fresh scones hot from the oven!
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated orange rind
- In small bowl, mix together all ingredients until well combined.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Spread about 1 tbsp (15 mL) on toasted whole grain or muesli bagels, whole wheat English muffins, etc.
I thought this was lovely too! Very pretty in a nice dish, and very tasty on bread hot from the oven. It really shines when served at room temperature. Thanks Elly!
Made for G&BB Cook-a-thon.
I thought this was quite lovely. I only wish I'd taken the time to make fresh scones to serve it with. White dinner rolls just doesn't cut it. lol The cranberries I used are quite tart, so it was not overly sweet with the honey....just perfect actually. The brand I use only has 9gr of sugar per 100gr, which is considerably less the the 'popular' brand which has 26gr. Makes a big difference when you're adding a sweetener such as honey. This will be perfect for when we have overnight guests....and I make fresh scones.:) Thanks Elly. Made for the G&BB Cook-a-thon in memory of Elly's loving husband Jim.