Recipe by Mirj
I have an RSS feed to Slashfood.com, and this was featured recently. It's supposed to be the most perfect cookie for Christmas. We don't celebrate Christmas and I still had to try it. One of the best uses of craisins I've come across in a very long time!
Top Review by jexcl001
Yummy! I added extra cranberries and a few drops of orange oil and they were excellent. They were very sweet, so I'll probably use less sugar next time. And there WILL be a next time!! Simple and different, they taste very gourmet. Great recipe. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 orange, zest of (about 2-3 teaspoons)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (you know, craisins)
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar, beating with an electric mixer until light.
- Beat in the egg and orange zest.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add in the flour mixture, stirring only until just combined.
- Stir in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls (about 1 1/4-inch balls) onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 9-12 minutes, until the edges are very lightly browned.
- Cool for 3-4 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.