Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Wonderful gift for a coffee drinker!!! You can double the recipe to make extra gifts. Tie a pretty ribbon around the jar for a personal touch.
Include in Jar
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 3⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
Include on Gift Tag
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- Layer ingredients in order inside a a clean 1 quart jar.
- Tap gently on the counter top to settle each layer before adding the next.
- Add additional cranberries or pecans to top off the jar.
- On gift Tag include additional ingredients (butter and eggs) and these baking directions:.
- Beat 1/3 cup butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add 2 eggs and beat on medium until well combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in contents of jar just until combined. Divide into 2 loaves on cookie sheet, chilling if necessary to make dough easier to handle. Each loaf should be about 9 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Bake at 375°F for 25-30 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on sheet for 1 hour.
- Cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices using a serrated (bread) knife. Place slices on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325°F for 8 minutes, then turn over and bake for 8-10 minutes more or until dry and crisp. Transfer to wire rack to cool.