Recipe by Puppies777
Just put this together yesterday with what I had on hand. It's delicious.
Top Review by Alysha's Dish
Wow! I have made this several times and still love it! I have made it over rice and for sandwiches. I have modified it a little, I didn't like the thyme or bullion cubes (too salty for me). The KEY is the hawaiian marinade or seasoning! YUM!
- 4 lbs pork roast, bone-in
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet Hawaiian Luau marinade (+ add-ins)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄3 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup frozen cranberries
- 3 -5 shakes TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce roast all over. Place contents of marinade packet and other ingredients listed on packet in a ziploc bag with the roast. Marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the pork roast on all sides in hot oil. Meanwhile, add bouillon granules to water and microwave for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Place carrots on bottom of crock. Top with 1/3 of the onion slices; sprinkle with salt. Place roast on top of veggies fat-side up. Sprinkle roast with dried thyme, salt and pepper. Mash half the can of cranberry sauce onto the roast. Top with the second 1/3 of the onion slices; sprinkle on half of the cranberries. Shake on some Chipotle sauce. Pour bouillon around roast. Cover and cook on Low for 5 hours.
- Remove cover. Turn roast over; mash the rest of the cranberry sauce onto the roast and top with last of the onion slices and cranberries. Shake on some Chipotle sauce. Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours.
- Remove roast and carrots from crock. Turn crock to Warm. Defat drippings and put drippings and rest of contents of crock into a medium saucepan. Return roast and carrots to crock to keep warm. Using a stick blender, liquify chunks in gravy. Stir together cornstarch and water until smooth to make a slurry.
- Simmer drippings over medium-high heat. Add slurry stirring constantly. Bring to boil while continuing to stir; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Slice roast and serve with carrots and gravy over rice or mashed potatoes.