Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are moist, tasty muffins which are especially nice to serve around Christmastime.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream or 1 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Soak oats in yogurt or sourcream just enough to make it moist.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add oil, sugars, and egg.
- Beat until well blended.
- Gradually fold in dry ingredients.
- Add chopped cranberries.
- Put in greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Boy did the house smell good when I made these! I added about a half cup of walnuts, otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Another beautiful way to get oatmeal into my DH! Just delicious!
These are very tasty. A great recipe! I added 1/2 cup chopped walnuts & an additional 1/4 cup of sugar as we prefer our muffins a little sweeter. I made them in mimi muffin tins for the kids which I baked for 12 minutes.
Delicious!! I didn't have enough orange rind for 2 tsp, but otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. I had to beat everyone away to make sure we had enough left for breakfast--they are addictive!! I'll be making these often!!