Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a yummy, simple, and quick bread that is sure to charm all of your senses!
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit. Grease and flour two 8x4" loaf pans and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine oats and hot water. Stir, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add oat mixture, sour cream, orange peel, and egg. Blend well.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix gently.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts. Spoon batter into prepared pans and smooth to level.
- In small bowl combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 55 to 65 minutes until bread is golden brown and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool 5 minutes, then carefully run a knife around the edges of the bread and remove to wire rack to cool.
- Wrap in plastic wrap to store.
YUM! I made the following changes : left out orange peel, final 1/4c sugar, and 1/2t cinnamon, but included 1/2c white chocolate chips. And I made 4 mini-loaves rather than 2 big ones. This is really amazing - great flavor & texture. I love the combination of the walnuts, cranberries, and white chocolate. This will be going in my book as a keeper. Thanks for sharing!!