Recipe by Sandyg61
I always make this with cranberries but it could be made with almost any dried fruit. I adapted this recipe from a recipe in a mystery book by Joanne Fluke. This recipe can be doubled to make a 9 x 13 inch pan of cookies.
Top Review by Lorieht
Delicious bars. I make them in a square muffin pan using 1/2 cup applesauce for half the butter, dried apricots, raisins, walnuts and my favorite part frozen FRESH chopped cranberries. I double the recipe and it makes 24 bars. They are even better after freezing.
- 118.29 ml melted butter (1stick)
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- 236.59 ml flour
- 177.44 ml dried sweetened cranberries (or other chopped dried fruit)
- 177.44 ml rolled oats (uncooked oatmeal)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, rack in the middle position.
- Melt butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Add both sugars and let cool a bit.
- Add eggs, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix.
- Add the cranberries and oats and mix everything up. The dough will be quite stiff.
- With a spatula spread dough evenly into a greased 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25– 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars when cool.
- These freeze well if you roll them in foil and put them in a freezer bag.