1/5 Photos of Cranberry Oatmeal Bar Cookies
I always make this with cranberries but it could be made with almost any dried fruit. I adapted this recipe from a recipe in a mystery book by Joanne Fluke. This recipe can be doubled to make a 9 x 13 inch pan of cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1stick)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries (or other chopped dried fruit)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (uncooked oatmeal)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, rack in the middle position.
- 2Melt butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
- 3Add both sugars and let cool a bit.
- 4Add eggs, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- 5Add flour and mix.
- 6Add the cranberries and oats and mix everything up. The dough will be quite stiff.
- 7With a spatula spread dough evenly into a greased 8x8 baking pan.
- 8Bake at 350 for 25– 30 minutes.
- 9Cut into bars when cool.
- 10These freeze well if you roll them in foil and put them in a freezer bag.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Oatmeal Bar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (657 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.4
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 119.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g