Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very light muffin with the taste of fresh cranberries in almost every bite of muffin with the added oatmeal to give a very chewy texture to a muffin that is perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside
- In a medium size bowl combine dry ingredients and set aside
- In a large bowl mix the cranberries, oatmeal, yogurt and eggs together mixing just until the cranberries are incorporated into the oats and yogurt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until all the flour has been absorbed by the cranberries.
- Stir in the oil and combine to make a glossy batter.
- Take a large spoon and place small amounts in each muffin cup filling 3/4 full.
- Place in oven for approximately 20 minutes and then remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before putting on a cake rack to cool completely.