Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These yummy drop cookies are quick to whip up and are actually good for you. Great for when you want a treat without the guilt!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil and sugars together.
- Stir in the egg, milk and vanilla.
- In another bowl combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt; add to sugar mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in cranberries and drop by tablespoons onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for a couple minutes and remove to wire racks.
- Let cool or enjoy warm!
These are good, quick and easy to make, and we liked that they're not too sweet. I also appreciate that they're quite healthy. I second a couple of the other comments in that they suddenly brown up very quickly, and some of mine stuck to the bottom of the pan. I think they're best eaten on the first day as by the next day the texture was different, and while still chewy the last couple I had this morning (day 3) were a bit dry. I give it a 4, my SO gives it a 5 when eaten fresh.
VERY good! I made a few changes, none of which I consider too major. I used 1/4 cup of egg beaters for the egg, soy milk, and rolled oats instead of the quick. I baked them on parchment paper for 10 minutes exactly. I got 29 cookies out of this using tablespoonfuls. They are chewy and very tasty. I do recommend eating at least a couple warm out of the oven. Yum....
You have to watch these like a hawk once you get to the 10 minute mark because they really appeared underdone but just a moment later (or so it seemed) they were overdone. That said, they had lovely flavor (though mine were very crumbly). I used whole wheat pastry flour and half cranberries/half dried cherries (because I was low on cranberries). A nice cookie. Thanks.