Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a terrific bread for breakfast!! Not too sweet and just a little tart!!
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Combine honey, oil, eggs and milk in large bowl; mix well.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in med bowl; mix well.
- Stir into honey mixture.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Spoon into two 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2 inch greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Makes 2 loaves.
Nice recipe...I orginally found it in a cookbook from the National Honey Board but was pleased to see someone had posted it here also! I like this bread because I don't like my cranberry (or oat bread) to be sweet, so using honey is a nice alternative! I also use egg substitute in place of the whole eggs and I split the flour into half all-purpose flour and half whole wheat flour. THANKS for sharing!
This was good, but I would use more spices next time, and chop my berries, since the whole berries were a bit too tart. I will make it again, and fiddle with the spices. Thanks for posting!
Very Good! The honey gave it a wonderful flavor. I also used a full teaspoon of cinnamon and next time I make it I might add a few more spices. I chopped up my cranberries instead of using them whole and I liked the smaller pieces better.