Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe source: shoppers flyer
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients (flour - baking powder) and set aside.
- In another bowl beat together eggs, vegetable oil and milk and stir into dry ingredients.
- Stir in cranberries, walnuts and orange peel.
- Pour into muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes or until muffins are done.
What lovely muffins. I made the full amount of batter with the orange zest and nuts but then divided it in half and added frozen chopped cranberries to half and mini chocolate chips to the other half. Perfection and a choice to boot. I think that the berries and chocolate would have been terrific together too. Thanks ellie :D
Enjoyed making these almost as much as eating 'em, & the only change I made to to double the amount of orange zest! We always like the combo of cranberries, nuts & orange, so these muffins were definitely a delight! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]
Most delicious muffins! My family loves them. I substitute fresh kefir for milk and Kashi cereal for oat bran. Then I add chia seeds. Hard to eat just one!