This is an adaption of najwa's great scone recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- 3Combine the sour cream and baking soda in a small bowl.
- 4Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt in a large bowl.
- 5Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- 6Combine egg and vanilla extract with sour cream mixture.
- 7Gently stir into the flour until moistened. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- 8Knead dough 10 times only.
- 9Place dough on baking sheet and pat into 3/4" thickness.
- 10Cut into 6 wedges and separate so the scones are not touching. Leave adequate space for expansion.
- 11Dust with sugar.
- 12Bake 15-20 min or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Nut Scones
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.3
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 394.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 34.4 g
- Protein 7.6 g