Sue Lau's Note:
Goes nicely with Autumn roasts. A great alternative to dressing for roast poultry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Saute onion in butter until tender.
- 3Add rice and cook until opaque.
- 4Place rice and onions in an ovenproof casserole with the boiling water, cranberries, and salt and pepper.
- 5Cover tightly with lid or foil and bake for 20 minutes; test rice- if needed, bake longer until rice is tender.
- 6Allow casserole to stand, covered, for 10-12 minutes.
- 7Toast pecans in a pie pan in the oven for about 10-12 minutes; fold nuts and parsley into rice just prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Nut Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 295.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: